Call us on 0400325863 to book an appointment for healthy weight management!
Are you overweight?
Do you ever catch yourself thinking, “how did I end up here?”, or seeing your reflection and not recognising yourself? Maybe you would feel happier with yourself if you lost those last few kilos.
Do you have trouble losing weight and then keeping it off?
Do you find that a diet works for a few weeks maybe months and then stops?
Is your weight affecting your general health?
Does your body shape make you feel unhappy when you look in the mirror?
Then talking to your Nutritionist could help.
You are not alone; almost 60% of Australians and New Zealanders are overweight.
“Obesity’s health consequences include serious chronic health conditions that reduce the overall quality of life.”
– The World Health Organization
Weight loss program to fit you
With so many products and weight loss systems in the market place how do you decide what is right for you?
As each person is uniquely different we believe it is best to seek qualified professional advice in order to gain long-term results. It is important that you follow a weight loss program that suits you without adding further risks to your health and wellbeing. By seeking advice from your qualified Healthcare Practitioner you will better understand the whole picture of weight loss and be empowered with the right information to assist you in making the right decisions, not only for your immediate future, but for the rest of your life. What a great investment!
The Body Shaping program using the “Shake It” Professional Weight Management System, combined with the qualified support and advice from your Healthcare Practitioner, is one of the most effective fat loss programs available.
Shake It assists you to lose up to 2 kg of fat per week whilst preserving your muscle mass. Most calorie-restricted diets produce disappointing results due to the excessive loss of muscle mass.
The loss of muscle reduces your metabolic rate (ability to burn calories) and increases your likelihood of putting the fat back on (yo-yo dieting).
It’s not always calories in calories out approach. Many systems and functions in the body need to be working optimally to achieve healthy weight management.
As part of your health plan, your nutritionist will evaluate 4 main areas that are the most important in weight management:
1. Your eating patterns, nutrient intake will be taken into account and then create a plan to establish healthy eating patterns. We will assess whether emotional eating patterns or stress are impacting your metabolism. We will also assess what you are eating and how much you are eating for your body type, activity level, gender and stage of life.
2. Thyroid – it doesn’t matter how well you eat or how much you exercise if your thyroid is underactive. The thyroid is the metabolic centre of the body and it is essential for getting a healthy body composition.
3. Metabolic syndrome – every patient is assessed for metabolic syndrome, alteration in blood glucose regulation and cholesterol. All of these parameters significantly impact healthy metabolism.
4. Hormones – many people don’t realise how much hormone imbalances can cause issues with weight management. Situations such as excess oestrogen, low testosterone and/or low progesterone can easily be modified and can make all the difference as to whether your weight loss plan works or not.
5. And the most important factor is body composition! When you get on the scales you are weighing your entire body (bones, muscle, fat, water, organs). At Healthy Apple we can measure your body composition to see how much muscle to fat ratio you have and this will lead to better health outcomes in the long run.
At Healthy Apple each patient is assessed as an individual and the designed weight loss program is individual to each person. We take a holistic approach to weight loss, no fad diets or quick fixes just an overall approach to health that helps you to lose weight and keep it off. It is all about making you the healthiest person that you can be.
Make an appointment with your Healthcare Practitioner today to talk about commencing Shake It, therefore avoiding the damaging effects of yo-yo dieting. Gain long-term results and lasting knowledge on how to create the body that you want to see and the health you want to feel.
Your qualified Healthcare Practitioner is the best person to explain Shake It to you. They will complete an individual analysis of your body composition, help you to set goals, and monitor your progress during your fat loss program. They can help you stay focused on your goal and journey as well as make it a fun experience.
Access the Shake It website for more information
The Shake It website www.shake-it.com.au it is a free source of additional support and information, including;
•Shake It recipes
•Downloadable diary for you to track your progress
•Tips to stay on track
•Tips for eating out
•Health Rebate advice, and more
Your Healthcare Practitioner can also supply you with your own Shake It Booklet with detailed dietary advice and your own Shake It Recipe Book full of delicious healthy recipes